Title: Supervisor, Facilities
Position #: 3151
Location: Greeley, CO
Employment Status: Full-time
North Range Behavioral Health - Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
Directly controls the work of assigned maintenance and janitorial staff by determining the tasks for the unit and procedures required to accomplish assigned tasks. Provides leadership and guidance to departmental staff. As a working Supervisor, performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled building trades work in the repair, maintenance or construction of NRBH facilities, maintenance equipment, and grounds. Installs and maintains security, climate control, and other facility systems.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and a driving record that meets agency insurability requirements is required.
- May require specific trade certification or licensure.
- Five (5)years of experience performing construction, maintenance and/or repair of facilities and associated grounds, preferably within multi-site agency, PLUS
- One (1) year supervisory or leadership experience.
Skills, and Abilities:
- Management, leadership and supervisory practices.
- Proper way to clean and dispose of biological waste.
- Advanced mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and electrical principles.
- Applicable federal, state, and city regulations and procedures.
- Basic construction drawings, sketches, blueprints, diagrams, and specifications.
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions of trade.
- Facility equipment and building systems.
- Supervise and manage maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Perform tasks with focus on exemplary customer service. Work as a team member and foster a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Effectively and positively communicate both verbally and in writing. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Read, analyze, and interpret maintenance manuals and standard construction documents.
- Prioritize and follow through on projects with the use of quality time management and planning.
- Listen to and check machinery/equipment to identify problems and perform corrective adjustments or repairs. Install, repair, and maintain component parts of building systems. Safely and efficiently use equipment and tools. Use basic computer programs for technical and communication applications.
- Understand the standard chemicals, methods, practices, tools and equipment used for janitorial and building maintenance.
- Safely work at various heights on ladders, platforms and scaffolds. Analyze job hazards and ensure safety compliance.
- Adapt to constant change. Work shifts, weekends, holidays to support 24/7 operations.
- Equally share "on call" responsibilities with other maintenance staff.
- Assume responsibilities of Facilities Director during their absence for maintenance and janitorial units.
- Ensure all facility requests are prioritized and completed effectively and efficiently.
- Provide day-to-day direction to facility staff; facilitate and coordinate staff scheduling and appropriate department coverage for planned and unforeseen needs; enforce standard agency procedures; approve time off and submit timesheets for facility staff as indicated by Facilities Director.
- Contact outside contractors as requested by Facilities Director for approved maintenance projects.
- Serve as a facilities expert or agency resource to assigned areas.
- Complete assigned maintenance requests in an organized, efficient, and timely manner.
- Respectfully and effectively communicate with Facilities Director, team members, and agency staff regarding facility needs.
- Actively recognize company property improvement opportunities, make recommendations to Facilities Director, as necessary, and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Operate trade related tools and equipment; maintain/assist in accurate inventory of all materials and equipment; educate and instruct team members in the safe usage of tools, equipment, and chemicals.
- Ensure all company vehicles and tools are maintained in good working order; perform repairs on machines and equipment to maintain proper working condition; report major concerns to Facilities Director.
- Provide snow removal for all company locations as required.
- Read and utilize blueprints, plans, drawings and sketches to determine work to be performed and resources required.
- Solve technical problems and maintain quality within area of specialty to include any and/or all of the following: air and water temperatures and their chemical properties; heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems; walls and related applications; windows and roofing; quality control standards; doors and associated hardware; flooring; electrical; plumbing systems and fixtures; and pneumatic controls.
- Maintain maintenance records for all services requested and completed.
- Assist Facilities Director in screening and interviewing qualified applicants; may use applicant tracking system to document and communicate appropriately and timely throughout the screening and selection process.
- Ensure appropriate training/retraining for staff in designated departments; serve as a resource person to department staff; provide technical assistance, training and coaching in facility maintenance and janitorial areas as needed to support staff development.
- Report performance concerns in a timely manner to Facilities Director. May engage in performance management and coaching with departmental staff as instructed by Facilities Director.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
In/out door environments with exposure to hazardous chemicals; regularly exposed to hazards from power/manual tools, dust, fumes, or other chemicals, high and low temperatures, moving mechanical parts, confined spaces, and electrical/high voltage.
Dependent upon skills and qualifications. Salary placements generally occur near the minimum to midpoint of the range.
North Range Behavioral Health is among the largest employers in Weld County, and provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. Our team members are hard workers, and we strongly believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our employees to assist them in their professional development. Our open environment encourages employees to share ideas.
Our values are:
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
North Range Behavioral Health promotes a philosophy of giving… to the community, to our customers, and to each other. If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to work in a collaborative environment, we hope you'll consider a career at North Range Behavioral Health. Visit us at http://www.northrange.org/employment/careers/ to learn more.
North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.