Job Title: Para Educator - AmeriCorps HIPPY Program
Employment Status: Temporary August 2022 through June 2023
Location: Greeley, CO
Position #: 2530
Wages are $13,500 per 900 hour term
North Range Behavioral Health is approved as a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the "gold standard" in the delivery of behavioral health and recovery services.
Communities are changing how they respond to mental and behavioral health, and North Range Behavioral Health is leading the way! The Family Connects and HIPPY team are looking for a Temporary Family Advocate to join their program. As a Family Advocate, you will provide individualized i-person/virtual homes visits with parents or adult caregivers utilizing the Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) Curriculum. This position will allow you to screen and assess progress for both children and adults. The HIPPY team is responsible for screening and assessing progress for both children and adults. Each week the HIPPY mentor completes data entry and reporting for each family and child enrolled.
Our Vision- Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
Family Connects is the early childhood and family services program at North Range Behavioral Health. Multiple prevention and intervention teams work with families prenatally through age 7 years to promote responsive relationships between children and adult caregivers, strengthen social and emotional competence in young children and increase protective factors and resilience in families. The teams promote the wellness of young children and their families by addressing the physical, emotional, social, cognitive, and behavioral aspects of development, integrated behavioral health, and primary care approaches, and work within education, human services, childcare, and other settings. Services include parent-child therapies, developmental screens, consultation, care coordination, and psychoeducation. Our staff provides services in a variety of settings including home, childcare settings, preschools, residential treatment programs, integrated health clinics, and in the office. The teams all use a trauma-informed lens as well as a two-generation approach to provide supports and services. Family Connects is a program that seeks to mitigate Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE's) and reduce toxic stress for infants and young children.
· Able to read and speak enough English for training and role plays
· Wednesdays are required training days from 8:30-1:30.
· Participate in all assigned HIPPY family education and learning events/groups.
· Complete all the required components of the HIPPY curriculum including role-plays, practice, and mentoring with enrolled parents
· Complete pre- and post-assessments with enrolled children
· Maintaining family records and entering data within the required timelines.
· Leadership qualities demonstrated in other volunteer or work experiences. Must be comfortable with computers, demonstrating basic use including emails, notes, and data entry.
· Must have the ability to use technology for virtual visits.
Requirements per AmeriCorps:
· High School Diploma or GED is not required.
· Valid Driver's License and the required auto insurance.
· Pass NRBH Background Check
· 17 years of age (as required by the program)
· Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
· 0 - 2 years' experience working with parents or families in a home or community setting.
Additional Eligibility requirements, as required by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE):
· Annual Flu Vaccine
· COVID-19 Vaccine
· Annual TB testing may be required
North Range Behavioral Health is among the largest employers in Weld County. Our team members are supported and encouraged, and we strongly believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We provide our employees with cutting-edge tools, training, and thoughtful supervision in professional development. We thrive on hearing from our employees and encourage the sharing of ideas.
North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.