North Range Behavioral Health - Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
North Range DOES NOT accept students for Practicum placement only. You must also commit to completing your internship requirements with the same program to be considered for practicum placement. For clinical placements, we place students for two (2) consecutive semesters, in the best interest of our clientele.
Placement Availability, Position #, and Program Information:
- Master's level; #3353 - Paying $15.00/hour if University allows students to accept paid internships.
North Range Behavioral Health is the recipient of federal funding through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to become a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). We are now one of four centers in Colorado and join others across the nation! The Internship will be a part of an innovative multidisciplinary team initiating immediate access to behavioral health care. The team will include clinicians, case managers, navigators and peers working together to create a seamless and smooth front door for our large community behavioral health center in Weld County, CO. While this team is funded through a grant, our intent that this will become our standard access process in the future
Student Engagement May Include:
- Training in assessment, crisis intervention, individual, and group therapy as well as case management with client. May include family members.
- Practice counseling skills with individual therapy clients, as well as co-facilitating groups.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of service plans, treatment progress, documenting interactions and maintaining electronic clinical records.
- Learn to coordinate and collaborate with both internal and external supportive services to deliver needed services.
- Participate in meetings/staffing with referral sources and other collaborative agencies.
- Perform mental health and substance abuse assessments and provide treatment recommendations.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a Master level program, relevant to placement, at an accredited university or college
- Be in good standing with the university/college
- Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen
Additional Eligibility requirements, as required by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE):
- Annual Flu Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- Annual TB testing may be required
North Range Behavioral Health provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our volunteer interns as an extension of the academic environment to assist them in their professional development.
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for an internship at North Range Behavioral Health. North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.