North Range Behavioral Health - Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
North Range DOES NOT accept students for Practicum placement only. You must also commit to completing your internship requirements with the same program to be considered for practicum placement. For clinical placements, we place students for two (2) consecutive semesters, in the best interest of our clientele.
Placement Availability, Position #, and Program Information:
Frontier House or Individualized Placement and Support (IPS)
- Bachelor level for Summer/Fall; #3350 - Paying $15.00/hour if University allows students to accept paid internships.
Frontier House follows the International Clubhouse Model. Work side-by-side with adults with moderate to significant challenges due to mental health and/or substance use; vocational and rehabilitative services in a uniquely creative, engaging, non-clinical environment with a focus on recovery.
Engagement May Include:
Frontier House or IPS
- Learning how Clubhouse or IPS program and clinical treatment work together.
- Review treatment plans, notes, and goal setting relating to recovery and psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Engage membership in work unit experience, developing rapport, establishing boundaries, and creating relationships.
- Exposure to external partnerships which enable member recovery.
- Participate in activities of supported employment such as career exploration, job placement, job coaching, work adjustment training, and coordination with external supportive services.
- Assist members with Community Support Services (case management) such as housing, benefits, and linkage to various community resources.
- Utilize an evidence-based practice and apply standards/principles to scope of internship.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor level program, relevant to placement, at an accredited university or college
- Be in good standing with the university/college
- Student with skills or interest in strategic fund raising preferred.
- Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen
Additional Eligibility requirements, as required by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE):
- Annual Flu Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- Annual TB testing may be required
North Range Behavioral Health provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our volunteer interns as an extension of the academic environment to assist them in their professional development.
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for an internship at North Range Behavioral Health. North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.