*** Sign-on Bonus Available***
*** 5.5% Crisis Program
Position Title: Registered Nurse – Crisis
Employment Status: Full Time – 36 hours
Shift: Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday – 6:00 pm – 6:30
Location: Greeley, CO
Position #: 2543
Salary Range: $30.10/hr. - $45.14/hr. Crisis
Program Differential Shift Differential
The base compensation represents the entry point of the
salary range. Salary placements will vary and may be above the starting wage
based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, education,
and licensure. Salary placements generally occur between the starting wage and
the midpoint of the salary range.
Vision - Where Hope Begins and Change is
Crisis Stabilization Services understand the needs of
consumers who have both mental health and/or substance use challenges. Services
include individual counseling, medication monitoring, case management, group
counseling, withdrawal management, and discharge and aftercare planning.
With a Customer First and Compassionate
approach, RNs will:
- Provide a full range of practical nursing care
to clients with a variety of behavioral health problems including personal
nursing care, diagnostic support duties, and treatment procedures.
- Perform routine evaluations of clients; obtain
current symptoms and complaints, observe the client's condition and behavior,
and respond to treatments and/or medications.
- Provide effective education to clients, family
members, and/or other involved parties about common disease processes,
medication (purpose, dosages, side effects, etc.), and/or prescribed treatment
- Handle, prepare, administer, and record
medications and treatments by the policy; maintain a medication administration
- Serve as liaison for pharmacy, order
medications, maintain medication supplies, and keep accurate medication counts;
meet with pharmaceutical representatives; assist with information and
instructions regarding medication programs offered by medication manufacturers.
- Audit medications, MARS, and chart documentation
according to state regulations; manage the destruction of medications according
to state regulations.
- Identify common changes in condition (i.e.,
mental/emotional, physical, etc.) which have relevance to the client's health
status and report these promptly, and initiate appropriate action.
- Screen and evaluate lab reports and inform/refer
abnormalities to prescribers; communicate possible medication problems, side
effects, and potential drug interactions.
- Record all significant observations and actions
taken, using established oral, written, and computer communications according
to documentation guidelines. Use an electronic health record system to document
services provided and medication distribution; confirm coding of services
rendered is ethically appropriate and results in successful billing.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility by supporting
agency collection policies and procedures; assure client understanding of
service charges and fee changes.
- Work proactively with payor sources to ensure
payment of services; align services with payor authorizations and/or request
authorization before the provision of service.
- Assume responsibility to follow infection
control/management, including milieu management, staff and client education,
and consultation to residential facilities; may perform health tests for TB and
administer Hepatitis B injections for employees, including reading test
- May perform as a triage nurse for phone calls,
refills, and appointments; may provide intakes, inpatient admissions, and
- Provide involuntary commitment (CRS 27-65)
services as allowed by statute including assisting in restraining clients and
administering emergency medication with a doctor's order.
- Consult with and problems solve with
supervisors, aides, program managers, psychiatrists, and therapists regarding
- May participate in the training of new staff.
- User various resources and knowledge of policies
and procedures regarding the reporting of injury and illness to assure prompt
compliance to reporting requirements. Report general health issues in a
facility, medication issues, errors, and inconsistencies to the Program
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) from an
accredited professional nursing program REQUIRED
- Active Colorado license to practice as a
Registered Nurse REQUIRED
- Certification in Psychiatric – Mental Health
- Bilingual Spanish skills desired
- Valid Colorado driver's licensure and driving
record that meets with agency insurability requirements as set forth for
someone that must transport clients REQUIRED.
- 2 years of nursing experience in the Behavioral
Health field/program of application preferred
- Experience in coordinating behavioral health
intervention plans and services with other agencies desired.
Eligibility requirements, as required by the Colorado Department of Public
Health and Environment (CDPHE):
- Annual Flu Vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccine (Exemptions available upon hire
according to company policy)
- Annual TB testing
Benefits and Perks:
This position may be eligible for the Loan Repayment Program through our partnership with the Colorado Health Service Corps (CHSC), National Health Service Corps (NHSC), or the National Health Service Corps Star Program. Additionally, we provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
- Collaborative and Compassionate team
- Competitive compensation structure
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance,
Vision Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D insurance, Professional
Liability/Malpractice Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health
- Excellent Paid Time Off (PTO) and
Extended Leave Bank hours
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer
- Supervision Hours and Group
- Professional Development Tuition
- Employee Recognition Program
- Discounts at participating community
and national vendors
North Range Behavioral Health is among the
largest employers in Weld County. Our team members are supported and
encouraged, and we strongly believe in the importance of a healthy work/life
balance. Our employees are provided cutting-edge tools training, and thoughtful
supervision in professional development. We thrive on hearing from our
employees and encourage the sharing of ideas.
North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal