Position Title:Mental Health Clinician, UCHealth
Location: Greeley, CO
Employment Status:Full time
North Range Behavioral Health - Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
Program:The Crisis Response Team (CRT) is a multidisciplinary team dedicated to providing quality care and assessments to individuals and families who are in need of crisis intervention. The team provides behavioral health services in a variety of North Range and community settings. This position is specifically embedded within the UCHealth emergency department assessment team. These staff will work as an integral member of the UCHealth environment, collaborating with this organization to develop and maintain an effective system of care for those with presentation of severe mental health and substance use disorder challenges.
Position Summary:Provides assessment, crisis intervention and case management services. Develops strength-based care plans in order to provide the appropriate level of care. Documents interactions and maintains electronic clinical records and other reporting data for individuals with mild to severe mental illness and/or substance use disorders. Coordinates with internal as well as external supportive services to deliver needed services to clients. Collaborates with North Range clinical supervisor, other team members and UCHealth ED treatment team.
- Master's Degree in psychology, social work, or other behavioral health discipline from an accredited college or university required- Colorado provisional licensure in appropriate discipline required (LSW, LPCC, MFTC)
- Bilingual/Bicultural preferred
-Experience in the behavioral health field highly preferred but not required
- Experience in coordinating mental health intervention plans and services with other agencies preferred
- Experience with Trauma-Informed Care preferred
- Mild to severe mental health and/or substance use disorders/disabilities and the recovery process.
- Professional and ethical guidelines as outlined by the State of Colorado.
- Basic and routine computer keyboarding, programs and software.
- Basic, routine, and advanced records maintenance and filing practices.
- Basic, routine office management practices and operating procedures.
- Workplace policies and professionalism.
- Organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures.
- Effective de-escalation techniques.
- Identify and support appropriate diagnostic assessment using current diagnostic system.
- Coordinate mental and/or behavioral health intervention plans and services with other agencies.
- Plan and use effective interventions with clients.
- Provide de-escalation, assessment and case management in crisis situations.
- Plan, organize, time manage and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments. Endure periods of heavy workload.
- Visually assess responses to mental illness or reaction to substance abuse medications.
- Communicate effectively and positively, both orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals, including when under emotionally charged and stressful situations.
- Work with diverse populations and be culturally sensitive.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Adhere to utilization, quality improvement and corporate compliance policy and standards according to assignment.
- Provide crisis de-escalation and intervention via tele-behavioral health or face-to-face in UCHealth emergency department settings.
- Assess diagnosis, mental status, and risk of harm to self or others utilizing required instruments and formats within appropriate time lines.
- Develop care plans and make appropriate referrals. Complete written documentation and correspondence within established time lines.
- Collaborate continuously with UCHealth staff to devise safety planning, provide symptom management, identify support systems, reduce and mitigate risk factors. Maintain close and cooperative relationships with community agencies and other public agencies in carrying out care/disposition plans.
- Learn, utilize, and support fidelity of any evidence-based practices within assigned program to ensure effective interventions with clients as assigned.
-Identify case management services to assist clients to meet their goals as stated in his/her care plans. Refer clients to appropriate services and providers.
- Maintain electronic health records in accordance with agency standards. May include entry into partnering agency electronic systems.
- May monitor urine analysis, breathalyzers and other medication as deemed appropriate by medical staff.
- May assist in Medicaid authorizations.
- Attend staff meetings, clinical supervision and other meetings as assigned.
- May facilitate 72 hour hold and may support emergency commitment processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the NRBH Program Director and/or Coordinator or UCHealth management/administration.
Working Conditions: Travel to/from NRBH facilities for meetings. Service delivery environment and conditions are hospital emergency room department based. Work hours can vary and will include weekends, evening, and holidays. Assignments may require on-duty meal periods.
Dependent upon credentials and qualifications. Salary placements generally occur near the minimum to midpoint of the range. Positions are eligible for additional differential pay. North Range Behavioral Health offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more! Bilingual skills may be compensated additionally.
North Range Behavioral Health is among the largest employers in Weld County, and provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. Our team members are hard workers, and we strongly believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our employees to assist them in their professional development.
Our values are:
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
North Range Behavioral Health promotes a philosophy of giving… to the community, to our customers, and to each other. If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to work in a collaborative environment, we hope you'll consider a career at North Range Behavioral Health. Visit us athttp://www.northrange.org/employment/careers/to learn more.
North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.