Position Title: Kitchen Staff, Merle Evans/Littler
Position #: 2473
Location: Greeley, CO
Employment Status: PRN- as needed
Flexible scheduling between the hours of 8:30am-12:30pm or 12:30pm-5:00pm. 1-2 shifts available per week. Additional hours available to cover staff absences (i.e. vacation, sick leave, etc.). Peak times are typically Wednesdays and weekends.
North Range Behavioral Health - Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
Position Summary: Prepares and cooks family style meals for residents of designated facilities. Assists in ensuring nutritional and dietary requirements of facility residents are met. Follows rules and regulations to assure health and safety protocol in food service practices. Due to the sensitive nature of program, female applicant is required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 year working in same/similar capacity; preferred experience cooking in nursing homes, hospitals, school cafeterias and/or similar institutions.
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Proper materials and equipment used to perform required duties.
- Colorado State Health Codes and food safety regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform basic mathematical skills.
- Relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
- Work as a team member, maintain effective working relationships, and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Read, understand and carry out written and verbal instructions.
- Withstand sudden temperature changes from the heat of the kitchen to the cold of the freezer.
- Taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
- Safely use kitchen equipment, tools, and cleaning products.
- Prepare food and cook according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served. Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry; bake breads, rolls, and other pastries; wash and prepare fruits and vegetables, etc.
- Portion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
- Wash dishes, utensils, pots, pans and other cooking equipment thoroughly.
- Inspect, clean and maintain work areas, kitchen, and equipment to ensure cleanliness, safety, and functional operation. Report safety issues to Kitchen Manager immediately.
- Incorporate nutritional information, specific dietary requirements, inventory supplies and resident input to meal planning.
- Ensure proper food storage according to health department regulations; examine foodstuffs to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee exposed to hazardous situations and conditions that produce cuts or minor burns, exposure to hot and cold temperatures, and where protective and safety attire (i.e. gloves) are required.
Dependent upon skills and qualifications. Salary placements generally occur near the minimum to midpoint of the range.
North Range Behavioral Health is among the largest employers in Weld County, and provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. Our team members are hard workers, and we strongly believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our employees to assist them in their professional development. Our open environment encourages employees to share ideas.
Our values are:
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
North Range Behavioral Health promotes a philosophy of giving… to the community, to our customers, and to each other. If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to work in a collaborative environment, we hope you'll consider a career at North Range Behavioral Health. Visit us at http://www.northrange.org/employment/careers/ to learn more.
North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.