North Range Behavioral Health - Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
North Range DOES NOT accept students for Practicum placement only. You must also commit to completing your internship requirements with the same program to be considered for practicum placement. For clinical graduate placements, we place students for two (2) consecutive semesters, in the best interest of our clientele.
Location: Greeley, CO
Placement Availability, Position #, and Program Information:
Crisis Stabilization Services (CSS)
Bachelor level interns for Spring/Summer;
#2333 Placements filled
- Master level interns for Spring/Summer; #2339
- MSW supervision is NOT available on site; outside supervision may be available
Crisis Stabilization Services is an inpatient/acute treatment facility for mental health stabilization and/or substance use withdrawal management (detox) for individuals ages 18 and older. Operates 24 hours a day, 365 day a year.Services include individual counseling, medication monitoring, case management, group counseling, withdrawal management, and discharge and after care planning.
- Bachelor level intern for Spring/Summer; #3036
The Wings Residential Treatment Center for Women is an innovative program for women with severe substance dependence who are pregnant, postpartum and may have other dependent children. The program offers a residential setting where pregnant women and their children aged birth to five are provided with comprehensive services aimed at facilitating family self-sufficiency and healthy lifestyle choices. Residential care is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the year.
Student Engagement May Include:
- Assist facility staff to facilitate client participation in their care plan by interaction with them as a source of emotional support, resource problem solving, and advocating for their needs.
- Participate in house/community meetings and engage clients in discussion.
- Assist in the client admission process including orientation, training, and other activities to maximize clients' positive adjustment to the milieu setting.
- Participate in the delivery of group care activities.
- Assist with meal service and participate with clients during the meal time and assist with client wellness checks and breaks.
- Training in assessment, crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy as well as case management with clients and families.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of service plans, treatment progress, documenting interactions and maintaining electronic clinical records.
- Learn to work with a multi-disciplinary team, including psychiatry.
- Learn to coordinate and collaborate with both internal and external supportive services to deliver needed services.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master level program, relevant to placement, at an accredited university or college
- Be in good standing with the university/college
- Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen
North Range Behavioral Health provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our volunteer interns as an extension of the academic environment to assist them in their professional development.
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for an internship at North Range Behavioral Health. North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.