Position Title: Business Intelligence Report Developer I
Position #: 3121
Location: Greeley, CO
Employment Status: Full-time
North Range Behavioral Health - Where Hope Begins and Change is Possible
Within assigned department, with varying complexity and oversight, and as directed by the Director, Electronic Health Records/Data, works from designs and specifications, or gathers designs and specifications from Subject Matter Experts, and uses standard procedures and techniques to maintain, modify and devise new or existing reports or dashboard elements. Prepares flow charts, writes procedures for data processing staff and end users, debugs and documents developed reports and dashboard elements. Creates databases, fields, lookup tables, etc. as needed for reporting and data visualization applications. Analyzes, designs, develops and tests reports and dashboard elements for business operations/applications. Manages data gathering, queries and report development and presentation for various projects and produces documentation and data analysis on request.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with emphasis in Analytics and/or Data Management or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year related report writing experience within an IT/IS environment.
- Developing complex SQL scripts, views, and stored procedures for SQL tuning and data profiling.
- Developing reports in SQL, reporting tools (i.e. Tableau, Crystal Reports, SSRS, Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools) and Excel.
- Experience with Netsmart Technologies (Avatar Platform) highly preferred.
- Previous experience within healthcare field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of relational databases and data integration tools including T-SQL and SSRS.
- Coding methods and best practices.
- Interpretive analysis tools (e.g. spreadsheets, graphs, summary versus detail charts, drill down, correlations, exception analysis).
- Data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting.
- Organizational sensitivity regarding complex relationships with federal, state and local agencies, government entities, and other agencies.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Develop requirements and deliver projects in a direct working relationship with clinicians, end-users and stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively and positively, both orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals and constituencies. Communicate effectively with non-technical people supporting electronic medical records from an application analyst or analytics/reporting perspective.
- Plan, organize, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments to meet deadlines without direct supervision. Use effective follow through and display initiative.
- Investigate, analyze information, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations based on data or findings.
- Work as a team member, maintain effective working relationships, and foster a cooperative and positive work environment.
- Think independently and perform analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving functions.
- Create user-specified reports and dashboards within user databases, document these functionalities and assist with end-user training and support.
- Gather specifications, validate specifications, develop, create, and modify customized reports and dashboards including scheduling (i.e. data extraction updates, refreshes, report deployment cycles, etc.).
- Develop, document and maintain existing and new application programs and processes.
- Test and debug queries, visualizations and reports. Provide feedback and recommendations regarding report, visualization and operational improvements.
- Follow standard work procedure for creation of report specification, report documentation, report development, report validation and delivery.
- Prepare system and end-user documentation.
- Define and develop clear and concise standard operating procedures and coding standards in collaboration with other members of the department and representatives of other relevant departments.
- Maintain various application setup files as needed.
- Respond to questions or concerns related to reports and visualizations. Assist users with questions regarding developed reports and visualizations.
- Work with non-technical and technical report requesters to understand and evaluate requests for information; determine and document specifications and needs in order to produce useable and discernable reports for end-users.
- Provide support to research teams or management by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results.
- Collaborate with various function teams such as marketing, research, and IT to achieve business results.
- Create and schedule/maintain various database jobs.
- May assist with setup of clinical, front desk and billing systems as assigned.
- May assist with data analysis and reconciliations as needed.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
No major sources of discomfort; standard office environment. Work hours may include weekends, evenings, and holidays in order to meet deadlines and provide end-user support.
Dependent upon skills and qualifications. Salary placements generally occur near the minimum to midpoint of the range. North Range Behavioral Health offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more!
North Range Behavioral Health is among the largest employers in Weld County, and provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. Our team members are hard workers, and we strongly believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our employees to assist them in their professional development. Our open environment encourages employees to share ideas.
Our values are:
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
North Range Behavioral Health promotes a philosophy of giving… to the community, to our customers, and to each other. If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to work in a collaborative environment, we hope you'll consider a career at North Range Behavioral Health. Visit us at http://www.northrange.org/employment/careers/ to learn more.
North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.